Certified provider of the Safe and Sound Protocol (SSP) and the Focus System
Safe and Sound Protocol
Safe and Sound Protocol is a research-based therapy designed to reduce stress and auditory sensitivity while enhancing social engagement and resilience.
"By calming the physiological and emotional state, we open the channels for improved communication and more successful therapy."
The SSP shows significant results in just five days in the following areas:
• Social and emotional difficulties
• Auditory sensitivities
• Anxiety and trauma related challenges
• Stressors that impact social engagement
• Calms the emotional and physiological state by improving vagal regulation of the heart and improving auditory functions
• Addresses difficulties in social communication
• Accelerates subsequent therapies
This non-invasive intervention involves listening to music that has been processed specifically to retune the nervous system (regulating state) to introduce a sense of safety and the ability to socially engage.
This allows a child or an adult to better interpret not only human speech, but, importantly, the emotional meaning of language. Once interpersonal interactions improve, spontaneous social behaviours and an enhanced ability to learn, self-regulate and engage are often seen.